Monday, May 17, 2010

Swimming

I love swimming. It's the motion- moving softly through water, the bubbles breaking, a tranquil disruption of space. The semester is drawing to a close; it's time to pair up my socks and stow my dresses in a rotting suitcase. It's been a swimming spring; time has passed, splintering into pieces as it ricochets off of me. I'm sad to say goodbye to baltimore this year. Last night, after tacos and tie-dye, a certain roommate and i found ourselves scrubbing the kitchen floor. We were drunk, laughing at the blackened tile and own our vigorous exertion. I was swept up in the moment- the friends smoking in the living room, the comfort, the melancholy delight of the whole evening. I'll miss this swimming season. I learned something I couldn't put a name to.

No comments:

Post a Comment