Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wouldn't It Be Nice

Breakfast at Tiffany's- a tale of American reinvention and style. I read Mr. Capote's story recently and I'm presently inspired by Miss Holly Golightly's tawny hair and spontaneous beauty. I was recently described as a 'chic tomboy' which made me question my pension for jeans and tee-shirts. I'd like to be the type of girl who uncovers her cocktail dress under the bed and spritzes herself with perfume, one foot out the door. In honor of Miss Golightly's soap and lemon joie-de-vivre:

"I went out into the hall and leaned over the banister, just enough to be see without being seen. She was still on the stairs, now she reached the landing, and the ragbag color of her boy's hair, tawny streaks, strands of albino blond and yellow, caught the hall light. It was a warm evening, nearly summer, and she wore a slim cool black dress, black sandals, and a pearl choker. For all her chic thinness, she had an almost breakfast-cereal air of health, a soap and lemon cleanness, a rough pink darkening in the cheeks. Her mouth was large, her nose upturned. A pair of dark glasses blotted out her eyes. It was a face beyond childhood, yet this side of belonging to a woman."

Let's get glamorous, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment