Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sculpted

I never wrote about my trip to South Haven! Did you know that Michigan is filled with treasures? Dutch farms and raspberry fields and dunes and junkyards and bodies of water? I didn't. It was superb, all bike riding, painting, cake eating, blueberry picking, and mini van driving. We went primarily for Sunset Junque- a renowned antique spot filled with everything on the Lord's green earth. I'm talking leather jackets and space suits and confessionals and rusted tools and all things ripe for eccentric endeavors. Mare is a talented set designer so she helped me gather some pieces for Fever Teeth and we went back to her grandparents' spot to scrape/ clean/ paint my precious new items. We were a little traumatized by the white haired CEO of Sunset Junque (he had a beard like Poseidon and overcharged with zeal) but we quieted our nerves with a blueberry shake and a rock in the hammock. "If you have the time, I highly recommend it."

No comments:

Post a Comment