Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Burning Barn

I read an article in Vanity Fair this morning concerning cybersex. In this instance, a man called "J" was caught for soliciting illegal sex. The detective who found him was posing as a mother ready to auction off her children for sex. The article was horrific on a few levels. I shivered at the visual of a detective in a low-lit bat cave, luring men into confessions. And at the same time, I couldn't help but feel for "J", the poor shmuck who was imprisoned by his steroid induced sexual urges and suburban two-story duplex existence. Unquestionably, "J" should have been looking for other outlets than cybersex (tantric yoga?) but alternatively, the detective created a situation with the sinister hope of men clicking themselves into purgatory. The article sort of thrilled me. I guess I'm just wondering at all of life's possible situations, real and imagined. The realms are all blurred- reality, fantasy, robots, religion, the age of doom, the age of wonder. We can believe in whatever we like. I guess this is the beauty of Evolution. We can question where we stand, and if it's not satisfactory, grow and change into a new existence that we admire. If I get tired of my real life, you may just find me eating caviar in a barn in Iowa, with fur slippers and a tractor ready to roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment