Monday, January 18, 2010

Goggles

I was walking past a toxic waste site when the conversation got crazy. "Sometimes I think about cavemen. Yeah, I thought of them when I was brushing my teeth this morning," Molly said. Previous to this, Rose mentioned her recent vegetarianism, and her hopes for karmic balance in the future. I told her I would pray as I ate my next cheeseburger. Why do I mention any of this? It was just an absurd and meandering conversation, fitting for our walk past crumbling houses and little boys shooting arrows under trees. Baltimore has that rare mix: hicks in parking lots, young kids on bikes, students with their black coffee. It's a little splice of life if you're open to it. I've just returned to this place and it feels good. The sun is shining and the fried chicken is frying and the Johnny Hop is about to pop. I'm looking forward to future absurdism and splendor in the grass. In the City that Reads, you can expect something print worthy. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment