Friday, March 19, 2010

Blush

I just took a garbage bag to Salvation Army. I threw some old clothes in, zipped in the car, and poof, washed my hands of another bagful of stuff. Spring is uncurling and it's time to begin anew. I've always loved the idea of purification: sloughing off dead skin, exfoliating pores, dusting, grooming, shedding the old for the promise of the new. It might be the Virgo in me but I like taking stock, seeing where I'm at, and starting fresh. Spring Break has been complicated with auditions and socializing and trying to get that "down time" in. Somewhere in the last few months, my inner workaholic came alive and ever since, I've been exhausted. Even when I dream, I'm thinking of resting and I wake up with agitated bones and a fat to-do list. It's time to stop, get a little sun, and enjoy my self. And that goes for you too. It's March. Time to put on that seersucker, make a drink, and enjoy the blushing of the trees. You dig?

No comments:

Post a Comment